Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Last Week With My Son

Dear Family and Friends,

This week I got the pictures of Emma, my new niece, with the article of the temple in the mail.  Wow, is sure inspired me to see cute baby Emma and also to read about our amazing ancestors, Joel Hills Johnson and Alexander Matheson and about your museum dad!  My companion thought that it was pretty awesome all you and mom have done.  It sure gave me strength.  Because our ancestors gave everything for us and now we are going to receive a beautiful temple of the Lord.  I bet Grandpa Joel is just so happy to know that we are getting a temple soon.

Familia Artiaga, our pension, is getting ready for the temple.  Yesterday Hermano Iver received the Melchizedek priesthood.  And they are planning to go to the temple this June when they have a year as members in the church. 

A front view of the Cochabamba Bolivia Temple on a sunny day.
This week we ate so many mangoes.  Here there are 4 different types, mango rosa, manga manzana (apple mango), manga piña( pineapple mango), and manga durasno (peach mango)  Some of this mangoes are the size of a soft ball and others the size of a mini football. MY favorite is the apple mango.  It is super sweet.  

Both Elder Hansen and I are excited to know what is going to happen this week. Maybe I might leave Santa Cruz or maybe he might.

One miracle that we had was Carlos Bryan was baptized!  We have been working with him a lot and teaching him, and this time when he asked his parents for permission they gave it to him.  Saturday at 5 is when we had his baptism and my companion got to baptize him.  Before his baptism Carlos was a little nervous but more than anything he was very excited.  When my companion baptized him, and as he left the water, he smiled and gave my companion a hug.  He told us, “Yo siento nuevo!”  I feel new.  It was a moment full of joy.

But none the less satan was not.  As we were getting ready to leave the church, my companion looked for his nice watch and it turns out while his bags were in the bathroom someone had stolen his watch and 500 bs.  My companion and I were a little discouraged about what happen but none the less the important thing was Carlos was baptized!

Sunday I was able to confirm him a member of the church, and it was a very special experience.   I felt impressed to bless him that the spirit would guide him in the future as a missionary and father and lead him away from places of danger to holy places.  All in all, this week was amazing and this gospel is so true!

I hope you all have the best week!  And if you can pray for Marianella, Cilene, Paola, Carlos and Maykol that we can strengthen these converts.  Also, Familia Cholima still hasn’t been taught by the missionaries in their new house if you could pray for them too.  Thank you!

Love your son,

Elder Matheson

P.S.  Our internet cafe this week isn’t very safe to send photos so I will send photos for the next week.

1 comment: