Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Tarija

Dear Family and Friends,

This week sure as been an adventure! Mom I am like you now; I miss the heat! Wow, here in Tarija it is really dry which is great but it sure gets cold. I am now using my winter ware (and it is still summer)! Also, our hot water hasn't been working so we have been heating up water in a basin and then using a pitcher to shower to not have to use the cold water. Hopefully this week, someone can fix our hot water.

Also the people talk in an Italian-Spanish accent. It sounds like they talk like they are singing, but there are very nice.

This week, my companion and I had a baptism. His name is Hno. Chirinos and is a very humble man. His family was baptized this last month and so it was great to complete their family!!

Right now we found a new golden family. Their name is the Echat Family. Part of their family are members but live in Argentina, but they really have desires to learn more about the church and have attended church a couple times. Please pray for us that we can teach them with the spirit and they can feel this message is true!

Also, here there are many mothers who are interested in the gospel but their husbands aren't or they are never home, but our goal is to find and teach all the family.

We went bowling as a district for P-day, and I won! Wow, that is a first. I got three strikes! In our district there is Hna. Maman, Hna. Zalbada, Elder Maravilla, Elder Vidal, and my companion and I.



My companion is great! I am teaching him how to play the violin because he bought one here in Tarija at Christmas because he has always wanted to learn. We get along well.

Pictures of the center of Tarija!





I love you so much and hope you have a great week!

Elder Matheson

P.S. Herlin was married and baptized!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment