Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hitting My Six Month Mark


Dear Family and Friends,

This week we had a conference and my companion and I played a violin duet of If You Could Hie To Kolob. It turned out great. Also, President sure talked a lot about obedience especially between Elders and Hermanans, and he reminded us that we have been waiting for this moment to be missionaries all our life and so now we must give everything we can and fulfill this dream! Also, in sacrament meeting I got to play the piano. I am using the Simplified Hymns, but the ward sure likes it.

This week has been a week where the Lord has tried our faith. Thursday all of our appointments fell through and no one wanted to listen to us exclaiming they were happy to be catholic or that they didn't have time, and it also rained. But we made it through the rough day, and the next days we had miracles!

Familia Echat was so committed to go to church this week but didn't go. It made us so sad because this family is so wonderful, but Marisol came again and loved it! Please pray for familia Echat that they might feel the spirit and see the blessing of the gospel and that they will come to church!!

One thing I learned in my studies today from the talk by President Erying is that the Lord calls imperfect people to be his leaders or serve in callings. He sees our potential and our abilities and so we must have faith to accept that the call isn’t coming from the bishop or mission president but is coming from the Lord. And when others receive callings we must accept that they aren't perfect but that the Lord has called them to lead us and we must faithfully follow!

This Wednesday Elder Stewart and I hit our 6 month mark! Oh boy we are going to do more exercise to get in better shape! I want to make this last six months the best of my mission and not fall into the trunky trap and lose focus.

I hope you have a great week.

Love,

Elder Matheson






No comments:

Post a Comment