Sunday, April 8, 2018

General Conference

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was super fast and very humbling. Today sure has been a one of kind p-day. Saturday the assistants announced the cambios and Elder Stewart and I - drummm roooollll - are going to stay together and Elder Barazoto is coming to our zone along with Elder Lefgren!

BBQ with the zone!
Today in the morning we rushed to the airport to see Elders off, and it turns out the flights got delayed until 12:40 and so we went and wrote president but a lot of this p-day has been learning patience with airplanes!
​Watching conference in the family history center and seeing it in English!!
Conference was so amazing and really answered my prayers. Elder Stewart, Elder Allred, and I were the only North American Elders in the whole zone so the three of us watched it together in the family history room. The speakers had a big sub woofer so the organ sounded amazing!

MY two goals are to learn how to minister like the Savior and how to receive personal revelation in calm waters (in the mission) so I can make it through the terrible storms that will come after the mission. I sure loved in conference how a successful life isn't without failures but it is learning to learn from them and keep going with enthusiasm until we return to God some day!

I think my favorite conference joke or statement was the 70 who gave a shout out to his mom, "I love you mom" or Elder Wakalo explaining, “It is not that we address the million members of the church that makes us nervous but the 15 men who are sitting behind us. I sure feel it now."

I loved Presidente Nelson's promise from now until the 2nd coming, the Lord is going to work some of his greatest miracles! What a promise!! Also, we have to be on our toes because if we do not know how to receive personal revelation we will have troubles staying firm in the gospel in these last days! How wonderful it is to have a profet! And President Nielsen is so healthy and walks super, super fast!

​Eating fish on Friday in remembrance of the Savior!
As for conference, it is just like Utah but most of the members go to the stake center to see conference because the can't get it on TV.

Wish the Shelby’s a happy Easter for me and also tell cousin Tim that I knew he or Alex were going to go to South America. He is going to be a great missionary. Mom do you think you could get his email address for me?

Thank you and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Matheson



No comments:

Post a Comment