Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Week Four Of The Transfer

Dear Family and Friends,

This week passed by like a blur! Friday Elder DeCocq, the President’s secretary, called Elder Stewart and me to buy our plane tickets home. He told me Elder Matheson you are going to have transfers and are going home. (My first thought was, hey I haven´t done anything wrong why am I going home, and then it hit me that I am going home in a couple of months.) Kind of a weird feeling. I want to serve these last 3 months with all my heart. I will be going home with those of my group to the Salt Lake airport.

But this week we had some miracles!

Yesterday morning we went and taught Yosselin. We asked her if she had prayed and she told us that she had and felt an answer that she should be baptized this Saturday. What a blessing! We just have to teach her about the temple and service in the church and have her interview and she will be ready. Please pray for her that she can make it to this Saturday and be baptized. Also her and her older sister sell clothes Saturdays and Sundays in a big street market called la vibora negra (the black viper). Please pray for her that she can be blessed with a lot of sales on Saturday so that she can have the faith to not work on Sunday!

Also this week, Marilin called us and asked us for help cleaning her karate gym. We had to ask president for permission because it was in the other zone and in the afternoon, but he gave us permission. We called Bishop and Hna. Jimena (her family is the family that let us use their computers on Mother’s day) and they came with us, and we helped Marilin sweep and mop the gym.
We also had a great lesson with Marilin and the elders quorum president came with us. During the lesson we taught about temples and eternal marriage, and we could see that Marilin was a little bit bothered by something so we asked her if she had any questions and she then told us how Ever´s family wants them to get married in the catholic church and she said, “Pero yo no soy catolico yo quiero ser mormona´´ so she was a little discourage because if her husband is not a member she will never be able to get sealed in the temple. It was really hard to see Marilin so discouraged, but we testified the Lord would provide a way for her to get married and be baptized and that Ever will come around. Every time we visit we always invite him to come but he never does because he is too busy studying. Please pray for Marilin that we can teach her whole family and that they can be converted to the gospel and she can be baptized soon!

President Nelson’s challenge - The youth here saw the devotional. One of our members, Bryan, he is 14 and always uses his phone, but Sunday when we went to his house he was on his 7 day social media fast! President Nelson is a prophet.

I know this is the Lord’s work, and I am so grateful for His love and patience to work with us who are such imperfect servants! But just like Nephi, I know the Lord provides a way to obey his commandments that as we are obedient we are blessed. The Bible is the word of God. I have been studying the first books, and I am in Lucas. What a blessing it is to have the Bible which contains the life and example of Jesus Christ. I also know the Book of Mormon is true because it fills my heart with joy and comfort and brings to my mind peace and understanding and testifies of Christ!

I hope you have a wonderful week and that you are reading the Book of Mormon daily!

Love,

Elder Matheson!

As a zone we went to Bella Vista, it was a lot drier this time but still beautiful.   
​Elder Ortiz cooking the meat
​Hna. Gonzales seasoned the meat      
We ran up the hill to get this view!
 
 
We bought fried chicken from Poal and Fernanda!  There are progressing well and then we bought pizza from the young men who are doing a fundraiser to go to the temple!  The pizza was really good!  
Also, I got the package will all the treats and ties and cards and everything!  Thank you! The girl scout cookies are very good. Every night or after lunch for dessert it has been the best to eat a tootsie roll or a starburst!  I love candy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment