Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2 1/2 Weeks Wahoo!

October 22, 2016

Dear Mom & Dad/Family & Friends,

Thank you for telling me about the Pattersons Mom and Dad! They are truly amazing people, and I look up to their example of hard work and cheerfulness. It sure is fun to tell the elders here that I worked at the farm and got to milk Goats! 

The MTC is getting better with each day that I am here! I just found out yesterday, that Elder Stone, Elder Zielber, and I will play Savior Redeemer of My Soul for the new missionaries coming into the MTC on this coming Wednesday. Each Wednesday, it sure is fun to greet new faces and enthusiastically say "Bienvinidos al CCM!" or Welcome to the MTC. 

This week, Elder Gooch and I started teaching our TRC (Teaching Resource Center) investigators. Some of these investigators are BYU students and others are real investigators but we never are told which so that way the experience of loving and teaching the investigator is as close to the experience out in the Mission field. This week, my testimony of the Gift of Tongues has grown. As Elder Gooch and I try to be unified and plan a lesson for our investigators and do our part to study, constantly praying for help, it is so amazing to see that in the lesson, the Spirit helps us understand the words of our investigators in Spanish! We are in no way perfect though and make a lot mistakes but Julio, our investigators is always cheerful and willing to help us figure out the word we need to say. One experience in particular where the spirit was so strong was when we were teaching Julio about the importance of reading the scriptures and praying. When it was my turn to testify of these principals, the Spirit put words into my mouth that I can't remember, but they were the Lord's words. I know that as we simply have faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ and do our part to be worthy of His Spirit, that He fills our mouths with His words and we are able to teach His gospel!

Oh and for the Devotional on Tuesday, President Robbins of the 70 came to the MTC and spoke to us on how being a Missionary is attending the Lord's university where we enroll in Listening to the Spirit 101 and Getting Along with a Companion 505 (He called this Pre-Marriage 505).  What a way to think about missionary work. The Lord's work is sure humbling but has helped me grow so much!

We haven't yet got any information on our VISAs, but I know that everything is in the Lord's hands and He will take care of our district!
 
Thank you for your love and support! The emails sure give me courage to continue serving mom and dad. Also, the donuts from Mary were delicious, and I got her kind card, and Sarah's card and treats constantly make me smile. Also, Jared and his wife were so sweet and sent me Pumpkin Spice cookies, in plastic bags and bubble wrapped, how that made me smile. And Aunt Missy sure has been sweet to send me a conference talk these past weeks which have strengthened my testimony!

I Love you Mom and Dad, and everyday I am trying to do my very best to serve the Lord!

P.S. Mom when you usually wash pants, my pants say machine washable and then steam iron afterward. I have just been washing them and then drying them for 10 minutes and then letting them air dry. Is that the right way to do it? Oh and do you think you and dad would be willing to send me a new watch, I accidentally dropped mine and it broke.
Inline image 2
On Temple Day my companion and I saw Sister Sancie Horman from Enoch, UT

Inline image 1
Elder Caleb Davis, also from Enoch, at MTC meal time
Inline image 3
Temple Day At The Provo Temple
 
A few other awesome MTC missionaries


No comments:

Post a Comment