Wednesday, October 12, 2016

3 Days At The MTC - 1st P-Day - October 8, 2016

Hola Mama!

Thank you for all the Email addresses! The MTC is wonderful and challenging. Since there are so many missionaries, each zone has a different P-Day. Mine is on Saturday instead of Monday. Mom I have learned so much. Our Spanish teacher's name is Hermana Johnson. She served her mission in Argentina and is so enthusiastic that you learn Spanish really quickly. Elder Hooch (my companion) and I taught our first lesson in Spanish to an investigator named Geovanni. From what I have heard this investigator is really one of our future teachers but none the less the lesson was so challenging to teach in Spanish but Elder Hooch and I made it through. In Spanish class, we have been learning how to pray in Spanish and the whole purpose of our missions which is to: Invite and help others come unto Jesus Christ by Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Tonight we pass our purpose off in Spanish.

The food here is amazing. Each day it is something new and each meal there is an ice cream chest that is full of ice cream sandwiches, cream sickles, and fudge sickles. Wow, it is good. But one of the most amazing things about the MTC is seeing where everyone is from and where everyone is going. I have met some elders from New Zealand who are going to California, there are Elders from Malaysia here, and there are so many other people going to every country imaginable. The scriptures are being fulfilled as the Gospel is going to every nation, tongue, and people.  Everyone in our district is going to Guayaquil, Ecuador, and my companion, another elder, and myself our going to Santa Cruz, Bolivia. They had a similar circumstance where their Visa was delayed. 

We met our branch president, his wife, and his counselors yesterday. They are amazing leaders and servants of the Lord. They really taught us what a sacred honor it is to be an Elder. They taught us that only the Apostles and missionaries for the Church go by elder. What a sacred calling. We also learned that as a missionary, you should not talk with your hands in your pocket, you should always stand up when you shake someone's hand, and that you are a direct representative our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. 

Thank you for the letters mom and for everyone's support. Aunt Missy and Mary sent me a letter. I love the MTC, and I know that as I continue to work and pray for the gift of tongues that I will be able to learn Spanish. 

Love Elder Matheson!

P.S. I saw Elder Chad Banks, Sister Kaitie Mackelprang, and Cameron's cousin from Idaho.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment