Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 2 With Elder Barazoto

February 20, 2017
Week 2 With Elder Barazoto
Dear Mom and Dad and my wonderful family and friends!

It is so amazing to hear Sarah is getting better.  That just makes me smile so mucho!  I sure loved the photo of you all in the Puppy Barn.  This week was just full of tender mercies as I received so many letters from Mr. Byers, the Christiansens, the Pattersons, Grandma and Grandpa Bourgeous, and Aunt Joyce.  They made me smile even bigger as I received many Merry Christmas wishes.  This month of February sure has been a 2nd Christmas in Bolivia.

The Rings Around Santa Cruz, Bolivia At Night
Area Fortaleza Where We Live Is In Ring 8
Also, Mom and Dad, area Fortaleza is in ring 8 where there are a lot more dirt roads! I will definitely look for Elder Perriton when we have our next zone conference.  Also, thank you for the package! Every letter and package makes a day just like Christmas!

As for some news in the mission, this coming Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday is Carnival, and for our safety we get to spend three days in our house with the exception of going to church on Sunday.  I am so excited to try some of those recipes you gave me mom!!

Also, since we will not have a P day this next week, Saturday in the afternoon we can write our families. This sure is a big blessing.   **Editor’s Note – So if you wish to email Elder Matheson this coming week, be sure to do so prior to Saturday, Feb. 25th.**

This week, Elder Barazoto adjusted to missionary life physically.  His stomach sure ached, and he had a pretty nasty headache this Friday.  I gave him a blessing and we also got some medicine for him, and he is doing better today!  It is so interesting to see many of the trials that I went through are the very same trials that Elder Barazoto had this week.  I sure was happy to be able to give some advice how to adjust to missionary life and become a better friend and companion.

Carnival Is Coming
This week, we had a miracle with the Peña familia.  We have been trying to find a friend for Hermana Peña, and this week we felt we should teach her with Hermana Vargas the Relief Society president.  We when got to the lesson, it turns out that Hermana Peña y Hermana Vargas attended the same hair cutting school a year back and are good friends.  Wow, what a miracle.  During the lesson, Hermana Peña was much more receptive.  Right now, though, she is not very interested in the gospel and does not what to be baptized, but I know that Heavenly Father is a God of miracles and that through prayer, faith, and more lessons with Hermana Vargas her heart can be changed and soften.  Hermano Peña is amazing and always attends church now and wants his family to attend.  If you would all pray that Hermana Peña can have a change of heart, I know we will have miracles. Our goal is to baptize this familia in March.

I know that Jesus Christ lives and He is our Savior. Also, that when we talk with our Heavenly Father in prayer and have faith that we will receive an answer to a question or help in our lives, we have a promise in Moroni 10:3-5 that the Lord will bless us with the truth we seek and also the help we need.  We sólo need to ask with real intent and with faith.  

Also, this week has sure been humbling as I learned that I am still a very new missionary and that I need the Lord´s help in everything to train a new missionary.

I love you so much our whole wonderful family and dear friends.  Thank you for your prayers, letters, and support.

Love you son,

Elder Matheson!

Plaza de Bolivia
Oh, we are also visiting Plaza de Bolivia today, and I might buy some really cool authentic wallets and clothing de Bolivia.






***If you wish to write Elder Matheson a letter here is his mission address.  He does love letters!!***

Elder Matthew Keith Matheson
Bolivia Santa Cruz Mission
Calle Independencia #610 Esq. Lemoine 
Zona Central
Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
Bolivia

No comments:

Post a Comment