Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Conference Is The Best!

Dear Family and Friends!

Thank you so much for the hump day pictures.  (Elder Matheson celebrates one year in the mission field this week!) That made me so happy, and I feel old.  Dad, my companion and I carried on the tradition of watching the World Report in between conference sessions together. I was hoping for maybe a good view of the Cedar Temple, but I bet they will come after the cultural celebration and dedication in the next conference.  Also, the four of us Elders in our apartment bought two liters of ice cream.  After priesthood session we ate one, and Sunday night we ate the other. It was supper yummy.  
After Conference Ice Cream - Here the ice cream is super, super creamy and not as sweet but still super good!
Watching conference together. It was amazing!
Elder Lefgren, my old district leader and friend, is there and me and my two boys... Elder Hansen and Elder Barazoto and his companion, my grandson in the missionary world, Elder Beezer.
As for this week, it was so amazing!  We have been teaching Hna. Paula and Marinella a lot, and they are going to be baptized this Saturday.  We have their interviews scheduled and they both are so excited.  Thank you for remembering them in your prayers, and please keep praying for them that we can teach them all they need to know before their baptism in time and that they can overcome Satan and his last minute fouls that he always tries to throw in.

This Thursday,  President and Sister Rodriguez came to our district meeting.  Oh wow, that sure made me nervous. During the meeting we shared our testimonies and about our investigadores and the importance of working with the ward missionaries, the bishop, the ward mission leader, and all the members.  (Good job mom and dad on inviting those families to conference!!!!). At the end of the meeting, President said that I did a good job and that I had a great district with a good district leader.  That made my day.

Also, it is so special to see how references from members are truly golden, and according to the statistics of the church, about 50% of all the references of members of their friends are baptized.  Both Hermana Paula y Marinella y Selene are references. Marinella and Selene are references of a 15 year old girl named Caroline, who invited them to our movie night where we watched Meet The Mormons. From there we visited them with Caroline, and we found that they were both prepared for the gospel!  I sure would like to invite everyone to heed the counsel of the apostles and prepare and invite one person or as many people as you can to hear the gospel, for there are so many people prepared and are just waiting for the opportunity to hear it.

As stated by Elder Ballard in conference,  ´´There is no greater blessing than to share the message of the restauracion of the gospel to another child of God.´´

´´Before we came to earth, we were given specific assignments.´´ We need to look for and ask the Lord, ´´Lord what is my personal ministry?´´ Elder John C. Pingree

At every church meeting the Lord desires us to look around at our peers and find and help those who are lonely and need a friend.  Ask ourselves, ´´Who needs me today?´´ - Sister Bonnie L Oscarson

Wow, conference is the best!

I sure love you all and hope you have the best week!

Love Elder Matheson

 
Saturday morning Gael tried on our suits.  He looks like a great future missionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment