Thursday, October 26, 2017

Toads and Frogs

Dear Family and Friends!

This week it was super hot until Thursday afternoon, and within 30 minutes, a 
huge rain storm blew in and it poured and poured.  The water built up so fast on the window wells that it started entering in.  So we moved everything out of those two rooms. That night it got colder and rained more and we used our good old irrigation boots to go preach the gospel.  I loaned mine to my companion and used these smaller boots that barely covered my ankles (not really boots). My companion and I were at the farthest part of our area visiting Hermana Marinella.  There was a small canal that runs by this area about two or three feet deep and was overflowed with water and we couldn't see where the bridge was.  Because my companion had the better boots, he went first to find the way and goosh, he fell right into the canal and got from his pants down soaked.  We both laughed super hard as well as the people who lived next to this canal.  As we returned from visiting Ronald, a recent convert, we found that all the streets were even more flooded and so we took it like men and just picked one street and ran through it has fast as possible.  With water splashing everywhere and huge toads and frogs jumping and singing everywhere, it made quite the sight! After that, we took a torito to go back to our house. I sure love mission adventures!
 

Also, Carlos was going to travel with his family this week so we moved the baptism to the next week, but because of the rain they didn't go.  We are praying that this week he will be baptized.  Also, Silene didn’t come to church so we were both a little sad.  Sometimes satan has his small victories, but none the less, Christ and His Gospel will win! This week we are going to go and pick up Silene for church so that in 2 weeks she can be baptized too!  Please keep them in your prayers.  

Also, we have a new investigador, Ramiro who is 19 years old and likes to draw who wants to be baptized.  He has a  baptismal date for the 11 of November too! And Family Gil are super amazing.  The dad, Jovani, loves to talk to us in English, and when he talks, he has a Russian accent.  He and his family are golden.  They just need to get married first!  Yesterday, we taught them about the importance of baptism using the Book of Mormon.  They asked about their baptism in the Catholic church, and then that is where everything fell into place as we were able to testify of a need of the restauracion because the doctrine of baptism was changed and distorted to where many people believe that infants and young children need baptism.  After seeing baby Emma and reading the words of Mormon, I know with my heart the children are pure and alive in Christ and that baptism is for all of us who sin when we are accountable for our sins. Thus, if the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph was a profet, and again the Lord has restored his true church with the authority to baptize his children.  We invited them to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if they should be baptized.  I know that according to their faith they will receive an answer!  Please pray for them too!

Moses 6: 31-34

  • Pearl of Great Price
31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?
32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth , and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.
34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.


These scriptures really helped me know the Lord knows we all are weak.  But as we trust in him and obey his commandments by preaching his gospel, he will help us as we walk with Him in His work and through the trials we face in this life!

Love your son,

Elder Matheson


No comments:

Post a Comment