Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Adventures In Bolivia

Dear Mom and Dad, Family and Friends!

The snow and the Temple sure made me smile. You have to enjoy the cold for me mom, and I will enjoy all the humidity here for you! Dad congratulations on you calling! You are just like Myron Jones. You will be the best music director. Please take a picture for me! And thanks mom for the arrangements of music and for the update on my friends.  Every week it makes me so happy!

This week, mom and dad, was full of miracles. Thank you so much for your prayers. I felt them. At one point in the week I was super worried if we would be able to complete the assignments given by Elder Enrique R. Falabella of the South America Northwest Presidency and visit all the converts in our ward and ask them for references and coordinate the musical numbers for the upcoming mission conference. I think it was Monday or Tuesday night when I was exhausted, but when it got around time to teach our investigadores it was if all the stress went away. I felt so much peace and also happiness and knew everything would work out, and it did!

Pampa Zone with Elder Enrique R. Falabella of the South America Northwest Presidency and Seventy
We were able to complete the assignments of Elder Falabella and the musical number was great. For the final verse we had Elder Jones and Elder Zimmerman playing the piano, 6 other Elders singing the two songs mixed (A donde me mandes iré and Llevaremos Su verdad al mundo), and I was on the violin.

Also, before the conferencia began, we had the opportunity to shake hands and speak with Elder Falabella with all the other líderes de zona. It is amazing to see that our leaders are called and ordained by God to preach His gospel. He asked me about my family and what I like to do with them, and I told him I loved being with them and that we make good biscuits and gravy! During this mini meeting with Elder Falabella, I was able to asked him how he controlled the stress that he has as a General Authority. He responded that the first thing you have to do is keep an eternal perspective and know that challenges will come, but we are here on the earth to learn and grow. The second thing is to write down all the things you need to accomplish then prioritize which things you need to get done first and then do them! Just this simple counsel helped me out so much!

Also, we learned that as missionaries we are in charge of preaching the gospel to the living and helping them bring the gospel to their ancestors! Wow, I never thought of that, but as missionaries and members there are thousands of spirits waiting for one of their family members to be baptized and do the work for them. We are in charge of teaching that to the people in this area, and as members, we have this commandment to do the work for them.   Mom and dad your temple work is divine! And I know it is blessing so many people living and dead!

Also, one huge miracle is that Herlin and Jessica have plans to be married the 10th of February!! And that day or the next week Herlin wants to be baptized!! Their parents have told us that the gospel has brought so much more love and happiness to their relationship. Please pray for them that they will take this step of faith and be married!

I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we are led by living profetas today! Right now I am reading in Ether, and I can't wait to finish the Book of Mormon and start again. Elder Falabella taught us that in 24 hours there is about 1400 minutes, and in all this time we surely can give 5 minutes of this time to the Lord and read the Book of Mormon. If we do so we will be converted!


I love you mom and dad and the whole family and my friends!


Elder Matheson

Playing futbol as a zone. Herlin came.
Thank you for the Christmas Cards that recently arrived


No comments:

Post a Comment