Monday, January 15, 2018

Opportunities To Grow - Adventures & Blessings

Dear Wonderful Family and Friends!

Thank you for all the pictures, your love, and support! This last week has been full of opportunities to grow and a lot of stress and adventures and blessings!

Saturday, I was able to baptize Alan. When he left the baptismal font, he was so happy. You could see that he really had repented and changed his life and was so happy.  Also, his former girlfriend, who gave us his name to visit, and his return missionary friend came to the baptism!
Alan!
Elder Iparraguirre, Alan, Elder Matheson
Alan and his friend who returned from a mission!
Sunday, my companion confirmed him a member of the church. Also Sunday it rained and rained, and it was so hard for the members to make it to church and our investigadores, but we picked up Juana and she attended church for the first time! All the streets were pretty muddy so we have been using boots these past few days.

Hermana Olga made us more pie!​
My new companion is a great leader and teacher! He sure is helping improve my Spanish. This past week, all the responsibility of running the area and teaching my companion the area and helping the zone and practicing the musical number was a little crazy. But my companion is learning the area and we are working well together. I am learning so much and my companion and I are doing well! Today we are going to play capture the flag as a zone.

I know that God lives and through Him we can overcome our weaknesses and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ. Also, I know Presidente Monson was a profeta and what a blessing is to know that he is with his wife and family and that the Lord continues to call new prophets.

Love,

Elder Matheson

P.S. Mom can you look for an arrangement of “We’ll Bring The World His Truth´´ with ´´I’ll Go Where You Want Me To Go”? The musical number is coming, but we are still trying to put the two songs together.

No comments:

Post a Comment