Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Bible and The Book of Mormon

Dear Family and Friends,

One big miracle this week is that the Gallardo Family went to a ward activity Saturday and stayed for church all three hours! They told us that they were a little scared to enter the chapel because they thought everyone would be dancing and yelling, but to their surprise both the Saturday activity and sacrament meeting were very reverent.

Fireside we held Saturday for our investigadors and converts. Bishop is right next to me and Humberto y Sandy are right behind my companion
During sacrament meeting, the talks were great and some ward members sat by them. One talk was about the temple and they talked about baptismals for the dead, the endowment, and the temple sealing, and they were a little confused about all of that.

In the evening we are going to answer all of their questions. Please pray for us and them that they can feel the spirit and know this church is true!

This week we also taught Hno, Ribero. He has been passing through a lot of trials and has really been questioning the truthfulness of the church. We visited him twice this week. He explained that he has had many doubts and that he has been talking to his evangelical friends and searching the internet and can´t believe the church is true.

We asked him if he has read the Book of Mormon, and he told us that he never has because there only is the Bible. He fulfilled the prophecy of Nephi and told us that ´´I have a Bible, and there is only the Bible, and I don't need more than the Bible.´´

At one point we were very direct with Him and told him that the only way he could know if this church is what it claims to be is to study the Book of Mormon and asked God if it is the word of God and that if he never does this and continues on his path, he will be condemned.

This discussion made me a little scared. But I really reflected on my testimony, and I know that the Book of Mormon teaches about Christ. It prophecies of Christ and that every time I read this book of scripture my soul is filled with peace, love, and a clearness of mind that is divine. I also have asked God, and I have felt a burning in my heart that this book is true as is the Bible!

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.

11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.


-- 2 Nephi 33:10-11

If you have doubts about the church, read the Book of Mormon with the Bible, and ask God, and He will tell you of the truth of these things through the Holy Ghost!

I love you all so much!

Elder Matheson

P.S.  Empanadas- I think it is like pie crust; there isn't any yeast just flour, sugar (I think) a little salt and then maybe milk, but I will look for a good recipe for you mom.

​As a zone this week we went and played futbol with all the Elders and then we met up with the sisters and played wally ball
 Then went to Cine Center ( It is like a Bolivian Mall) and we ate lunch! I got some good old KFC!! Yummmy!
Hno. Felix. He is one of our investigadors




No comments:

Post a Comment