Sunday, July 1, 2018

Transfers!

June 26, 2018

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, the family reunion looked awesome! Good job Sevy family! I really appreciated the idea of grandpa´s legs event! That’s funny! Also the orchestra looked great! And I am so proud of Audrey! She is going to be a fantastic missionary!

Sooooo Saturday we got the transfers, and I have been transferred to (drum roll) Santa Cruz! I will be serving as a zone leader in Zona Central, barrio Antofasgasta, and my companion is Elder Huanecune. He is 25 and is from Peru. He is from my same group but is cutting his mission a transfer short for schooling so voy a matarle or I am going to be his last companion.

One interesting thing about our zone is that is has all of the center of Santa Cruz or all the really rich people. Also there are only 8 elders and 4 hermanas. It is really small, but the zone has great missionaries and includes the secretaries, mission nurse, and assistants.

Transfers are always kind of emotional, and getting used to a new area and companion always makes me a little anxious, but all is well. Our new house has two bathrooms!!

But yesterday it was great to say goodby to the members and investigators in 4 de julio. I am going to miss them.
​This my new companion! Elder Huanecune
Elder Vidal and Hermana Mamani came with me from our zone to Santa Cruz
​Goodbye mountains
This is Jose! He is the ward mission leader in 4 de julio. He served in Chile and got back recently.

​Dian and Fabiana Conejo. This family is helping us help Josselin have friends
​Hno Oscar Martines!
This is Hna. Jimena and her sister! Hna. Jimena is such a faithful member of the church! They love the elders and do so much good for others.
This is Wildard! He is Elder Iparraguire's convert and is 16. He always accompanies us!
Hno Miguel and his mom Feliza. They are great converts. Miguel is getting ready for the mission and his mom has been helping us visit Marilin!
And I tried making biscuits and gravy. We didn’t have sausage so I used boiled hot dogs. It wasn’t quite the same but it still tasted alright.
​Here is a dog from Tarija. It gets really cold so they put these shirts (they look like dresses to me :) on their dogs
I am grateful for change because it really helps remind me to be humble. I love to think of Heavenly Father as a master craftsmen of metal or the most loving black smith. In order to turn a big chunk of rock into something beautiful, a blacksmith must put the material into extreme heat or in this case different or unique circumstances and then he must pound out the imperfections and then cool the metal in water.

I feel that life and the mission is like that. They are times of refinement, times of trial which help us trust in the Lord and become more like him, and times of joy!

16 ¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16

As we go through this mortal life and as we are refined, I know we can find comfort as we believe in Jesus Christ. He lived to show us a perfect example, died and suffered for our sins and afflictions, and rose from the dead so that all of us will not perish but be able to live after death and according to our obedience, live with Him again.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment