Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Miracles! The Gallardo Family Was Baptized This Week!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was full of many miracles, and so much happened.

Elder Teixeira
My 2 pairs of glasses broke within 24hrs. The lens of the Nike glasses fell out, and the sides of the black glasses broke. Ha ha, I think it means I am old in the mission. But we went to the ramanda today and there is a family that loves the missionaries that owns a glasses shop. They fixed my Nike glasses for free, and I bought a really good new frame for my black glasses. They installed the lens in, and now I can see again!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. Yesterday was the conference with Elder Teixeira (He is one of the new presidents of the 70 and is from Portugal) so they changed our p-day to Tuesday, but the conference was amazing. And the musical number turned out pretty well. Sister Murdock, and I played the violin, Elder Florence was on the piano, and Sister Choque, Sister Dodge, Elder Lopez, and Elder Dubon sang. Sister Choque wrote the music and it was a blend of Jesus Lover of My Soul and I Know That My Redeemer Lives. And get this, I got to use a really nice hand made violin from Beni to play. We played at the first of the conference, and it really brought the spirit!

Here is a picture of one of our practices in the offices.


The most incredible event was that Familia Gallardo was Baptized!!!

Hna. Sandy wanted me to baptize her, and Hno. Humberto asked my companion to baptize him. Sunday Hno. Salazar confirmed them. Many members came and my companion and I performed O My Father to the music of Come Thou Fount. We were dressed in white and singing and playing the violin. After the musical number, the Gallardo family was baptized. At the end of the baptism, Familia Gallardo expressed their testimonies of how they fasted, received an answer from the holy ghost and took the decision to be baptized.


This family was so prepared for the gospel and really built my faith of the power of the Book of Mormon and that God really hears and answers his children´s prayers if they ask in faith!

I forgot to mention that we invited President Rodriguez to come and teach a lesson with us to Familia Gallardo. I was a little nervous, but the lesson was so powerful and Presidente taught them about the importance of eternal marriage.

This scripture sums up the week: D&C 84:88
88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Thank you for all your prayers, especially for Familia Gallardo. There really were angels helping them and us. Sandy told us that Friday, the day before their baptism, they were invited to a family birthday party. In the party there was wine and alcohol, and their family members kept inviting them to drink. But they didn't give in and didn't drink anything because it was their baptism the next day and because they really want to obey God's commandments!

Seeing the Gallardo Family baptized really helped me see the value of my missionary service and feel God's love for me and them. I know this gospel brings families true happiness. The Gallardo family is a living witness of this!

It's my last week working in my area, and I am going to give my best for the Lord! Lionilda and AnaĆ­ are going to get baptized this week. Pray for them and for Marianela and Helen!

Love,

Elder Matheson!

My Brooks have lasted for 3 years!!!


Hna. Willis and I are both finishing the mission and so the zone took a picture of our funeral or that we died


Darinka and William! They are an amazing couple who have helped us so much visiting Marianela!


Practicing for the musical number we played for the baptism of Familia Gallardo

 After the Mission Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment