Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas! Our Savior's Birth

December 19, 2016

​Dear Mom, Dad, Family & Friends,


Mom I hope you get the message, but at 6:30 today Bolivian time I get to call you for 5 minutes and let you know more when I can Skype you on the 25th - Christmas!! (*Editor’s Note:  This did happen and it was wonderful. Mamacita actually only heard the conversation via phone because she was running one too many errands, while Matthew’s sisters, Mary and Sarah, conducted the Skype run through.  But things are now a go and ready for 4 p.m. Christmas day.)

Wow, Cousin Jeanna´s baby is big and has tons of hair.  I sure loved your poem mom; it made me simile. And that is so awesome you saw Mr. Hansen in Richfield.  It is so amazing to see how interconnected Richfield and Cedar is.  Thank you for the pictures.  I sure liked seeing Mr. Byers and Mr. Jordan conduct the famous CV Christmas program!  I bet they sounded amazing.  Thank you everyone for your emails.  My internet time goes so fast.  First, we email the mission president and then our families.  By then most of the time is gone so I am sorry I don't get to write to everyone individually.  I did get my first letter in the mail.  It was from Aunt Joyce and written around Thanksgiving time.

All Geared Up For The Bolivian Summer Rains
Mom you would love the weather down here. This week we didn’t quite have the crazy rain storm and streets with a flood of water, but this week was hace caloooor! In Bolivia, December through February is the wet, hot season.  March is the really cold season, and because of the humility, it is extra cold.

This week, has been wonderful and challenging.  For one, the heat and humidity sure made me appreciate water and sometimes an ice cream cone!  But this week we had many miracles.   Also, this week, it was a blessing to be able to give a blessing with Elder Salas to a baby of an investigator family.  The feeling that enters my heart when we give blessings is so sacred and is a constant reminder to me that I need to work and do my very best to be worthy to exercise the Lord’s Priesthood.  The blessing was full of the Spirit as I anointed the baby and as Elder Salas blessed the baby with health particularly for her eyes because there was a problem with them.  It is such a miracle to see that baby this week has had better health and her eyes are working good.  I am so grateful for the Lord’s Priesthood on the earth today and that I have the opportunity to exercise his priesthood.  Also, this week, I had the opportunity to go on a companion exchange with Elder Gonzalez.  He has only been out a transfer more than me, and he sure helped me realize what I can become at the end of my 12 weeks of training.  He has such enthusiasm for the gospel and a sincere love of the people.  During our companion exchange, I learned that you can be a very effective missionary and teach others through your example even if you are a new missionary.  This week, my goal is to have more enthusiasm for this great work of the Lord, especially on days that are very hot and to love and focus my attention on the people.  

Also, this week Elder Salas and I gave out lots of the illuminate the world cards of Navidad.  It was wonderful to be able to give people a card and testify of our Savior and that he lives and has a plan for us and then invite them to watch the video.  It sure is precious!  

I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and He lives, and I love every moment I get to testify of Him and help all of Heavenly Father´s children return to him!  

Here are some pictures! 



Missionary Breakfast

Mary I got one in a torito just for you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment