Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Christmas in Bolivia 2016



December 26, 2016

Dear Mom and Dad!

Christmas Day Skype
Thank you so much for all your love and encouragement in your letters and via Skype.  That was the best Christmas gift ever to see your faces and hear your voices. Thank you mom and dad for the encouragement to give my very best. I promise to do so and to serve with my whole heart.  The annual Christmas Eve party looked like a blast and the BBQ meat looks delicious!!  Wow, and the Christmas tree looks beautiful!

I am so happy to report that I feel so much better today and that I got a good night sleep last night.  Brandon´s advice about the diarrhea sure was comforting to know that lots of missionaries have the same trial. I sure like the scripture in Mosiah about the sons of Mosiah, and after many spiritual difficulties as well as physical difficulties of fatigue and hunger and thirst (and probably diarrhea) they had success among the Lamanites.

As for our ward, it is pretty big. I think there are 200 people in our ward, and it is about a 20 minute drive in a taxi from the mission office, which is really nice in case of emergencies or we need to interview with the president.

After our Christmas Skype, Elder Salas and I went to teach the family Gabriela Villgamez, and she wasn't there.  But we were still blessed to talk with another man close to her house who owns a small public pool and teach him. This week we will definitely visit her again.

One special tender mercy was to have a Christmas with our neighbors the Luna family.  We had a gift exchange just like at home, and it felt just like Christmas at home.  And when I was battling my diarrhea and stomach ache, they were so kind to lend me toilet paper and crackers to eat for my stomach.  I know Heavenly Father lives and that through trials we can be more refined and become more like our Heavenly Father!! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that as we put him first in all of our actions, thoughts, and deeds we will become the sons and daughters of God He needs us to become!

I love you so much!  

Here are some photos.  Sorry there are only a few. My computer was having a hard time uploading them, but next week I will send more!!

Christmas Day at the Luna Family Home
Elder Salas' gift from the Luna Family Gift Exchange




No comments:

Post a Comment