Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Bautismo Fecha and Christmas en Marzo!


Baptism Date & Christmas in March 
Dear Mom and Dad and my wonderful family and friends!
  
First off mom your Spanish is awesome.  I think you and dad could serve a Spanish speaking misión!  Thank you also for putting the Escobar’s name en the temple and for all your temple service.  I sure can feel and see those blessings that come from you going to the temple.  

 This Thursday was like Christmas.  Mom and dad I loved the package!  Thank you! The sweets were especially appreciated by me, Elder Barazoto and Elder Lefgren, Elder Lozano y Elder Viana.  We all loved the strawberries too. It was so awesome to have them for the first time in the misión.  
 
But the thing that was the best of the package was your kind letters and the photo book.  Dad I've never seen your misión photo and the one of you and Wallis Marsh. That sure made me smile and gave me courage to serve and work hard just like you have done and find the Wallis Marsh’s of Bolivia.  Also, Grandpa Aulvie’s mustache looked awesome or genial en Español.
  

Right now we are in the wet season, but we are starting to move in to fall.  This morning I was actually a little cold for the first time!

Also, I have a testimony how the misión helps us overcome our fears. This week was also like Christmas because the fiery dragon (vomiting and diarrhea) returned, but this time he struck my companion.  Saturday night Elder Barazoto - he wasn’t feeling too well, and Sunday early in the morning he threw up.  But this sickness was such a blessing for many reasons.


1. I learned how to take care of and clean up this kind of sickness so when I am a dad I can help my wife when she or my kids are sick.

2. It was such a good opportunity to serve my companero y help him through the same trial I went through.

3. The ward was so loving and helped us get the right medicine for Elder Barazoto, and today he is feeling so much better!

At church, he was feeling pretty bad and he was a little pale so we gave him a blessing.  Also, when President Rodriguez heard, he and his wife came and visited us at church and gave us ride home to our home to rest for the day.  I sure love Presidente Rodriguez. Every time I am around him, I feel a fatherly love for me and also the love of my Savior.  I know that this is the misión I am suppose to serve in and that I am suppose to serve with Presidente Rodríguez!
Presidente Rodríguez

I think the worst of the sickness is over with, but please remember Elder Barazoto en your prayer this week!

Also, this week, we have a baptism scheduled for this Saturday with Hermana Diana. She is 17 years old and her parents are members of the church but are inactive.  Our goal this week is to finish teaching her the commandments and help her have more friends in the ward.  If you would keep her in your prayers this week that she will continue to have the desire to be baptized and that she will receive strength and answers to her prayers, I know that we can baptize her this Saturday.

Also, Familia Escobar are taking about marriage, and this week we will meet with them with a hermano de la iglesia to discuss about the papers for their marriage!  Thank you for putting their names in the temple!

Mom and dad I love you so much and I know that this church is true.  This week I finished the Book of Mormon, and I know that this book is true because every time I read it I am filled with joy and my faith in Jesus Christ grows.  Truly every good thing helps us come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and believe in him.  I love and pray for you everyday! It is so crazy how fast the mission is flying by.  I am so grateful to have these two years to testify and invite others to come unto Jesus Christ and be baptized and start the wonderful journey to return with Him forever!! 

Love your son,

Elder Matheson!

Our Zone!! For the last Monday we ate hamburgers and watched Kung Fu Panda en Spanish that was so funny and actually has a lot principals of fe!  I feel like Master Ooway is the mission presidente, Master Shifu is a new trainer, and Po is a new missionary being trained.​ 
Luna, our neighbor's/landlord's dog, says "Hi!" to Gracie and Hope





Modified Biscuits and Gravy we made during Carnaval




No comments:

Post a Comment