Monday, March 27, 2017

Service!




Dear Mom and Dad- Family & Friends!  

Cedar sure looks beautiful with the blossoms.  Wow it is crazy to think that things are warming up!  Thank you for all the pictures and the love and support!  We will definitely have to try one of those scone cordon bleus someday!

This week has been great and also challenging!

One amazing blessing was we were able to teach familia Escobar about the law of chastity, and we encouraged them to pray for guidance and to see if the wedding date of 15 Abril was right for them.  We promised them blessings of peace and the best of a lasting relationship if they would get married and that they could start on their journey to be an Eternal Family!  Elder Barazoto and I want to baptize them in Abril, and we are just praying so hard that we can help them get married so Hermana Escobar can be baptized and so they can start preparing for the temple.

Also, this week we had a great lesson with the Olguien family.  We will definitely not give up on this family.  We were really direct and asked them if they wanted to keeping learning about the gospel and if they really wanted to go to church and Diana said yes!  Hermano Olguien works all night and comes home around 8:30 in the morning and sometimes is so tired he can’t make it to church, but I know that the Lord can help this family have the strength to come to church and continue to learn and progress.  Please remember these families in your prayers this week!

One thing that sure has been funny is that in a lot of our lessons, people often asked how old we are.  It was so funny in one lesson with Catrin y Orlando, a mom and son who are investigating the church, when they asked how old I was.  I was really curious and asked them to guess!  I was quite shocked to hear that they thought I was 25 and my compañero was 16 or 17!  Both Elder Barazoto and I laughed so hard at this though because in reality he is about one whole year older than me.  I think all the yummy rice here is making me age faster.  :)  

As for conference, I am so excited to hear our prophet and Elder Cook again.  I have a testimony that they are truly prophets of God, apostles, and special witnesses of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  For conference, we will go to our stake center to watch it.  Si os si  (no matter what) I sure hope we can have familia Esocbar attend with us!

Mom and Dad and my family!  I love you so much!  This week my testimony of the Book of Mormon has been strengthened as so many investigadores have challenged this book of scripture.  I love the verse in Moroni 10:6 which says, “And whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore, nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he is!”  Truly the Book of Mormon is just and true because it invites all men to have faith and believe in Jesus Christ and in every line it testifies of our Savior Jesus Christ!

I love this gospel, and my Savior Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon, and I know that this church is 100 percent true and that families are forever!  I hope you have the best conference weekend!


Love your son,

Elder Matheson!

Service for the Padilla Familia!  I sure love our ward!
Hermano Mosies is the one with the dark shades.  He is so funny and loves to talk to us in his English by saying, “What’s up gringo?
Also the drink that you see is really interesting.  It is a refresco de corn that is really cold.  It kind of tastes like a corn pudding!  

This fruit has spikes on it but Hermana Padilla said when it is really soft you just pop it open and eat it!
Our zone activity we did this last Monday!  It consisted of pizza from Papa Johns, fútbol, and Coke floats, which meant for me a Sprite float.  It was so delicious and fun. 




 
This Wednesday was cambios and we sure had a lot of changes.  Elder Viana our district leader ended his misión and also Hermana Cluff went to Tarija.  Our new district leader is Elder Lefgren.  He is from Riverton and knows cousin AJ, and AJ’s companion in the MTC was one of his best friends in middle school!   He is such a good example and district leader.  He is the one that is in the orange red shirt who is really tall and is lying down in one of the pictures!  He is such a good friend!



1 comment:

  1. The work looks amazing. We think of you often and proy for you and all of our missionaried daily.

    ReplyDelete