Monday, March 20, 2017

The Power of Prayer of Loved Ones and Family


Dear Mom and Dad and my Wonderful Family and Friends!

I loved the picture of the Missionary Impossible card.  Elder Barazoto and I both thought it was very funny!  This week Elder Barazoto is 100 % better and has overcome the fiery dragon and is eating and walking just like normal!!

Also, the corn beef and cabbage sure looked great! I can just imagine the yummy smell!

This week it actually got a little bit cold! Thursday it rained really, really hard and the canals were lllleeenno! (Lleno=Full!) We got to walk around and splash in our irrigation boots, which was awesome!  I got some good pictures to send you!

The beautiful rain in Bolivia and the canals

Also, in the night it is starting to get a little bit colder.  This week instead of needing a fan to sleep I needed an extra blanket. It kind of feels like September or October right now. Both Elder Barazoto and I sure love the little change in the climate.  Dad would like it too.


Yesterday was dia de padre (Father’s Day) en Bolivia and Elder Barazoto and I both gave talks en church.  I talked about the importance of fe and how I was so grateful for my father and his example and for my mother and father and the things they taught me on how to live this wonderful gospel!  I sure love you mom and dad! Also dad, I am so grateful for all those Sunday evenings when you would take the time to teach the stories of the Bible and about how we are a part of the house of Israel.  This week, Elder Barazoto asked me a lot about the different houses of Israel and a lot about Joseph and his sons Ephraim and Manasseh!  Elder Barazoto was so grateful for the help to understand the different tribes of Israel and their history, and I am just so grateful for you dad and for the time you spent to teach the stories of Jesus that I love to hear.  En un Bolivian accento, feliz dia de padre Papa!  I love you dad!

This week we had a wonderful miracle with Familia Escobar!  In Martes, we were able to visit Hermana Escobar with Hermano Daniel, a member of the church who knows a lot about how the papers for marriage work.  He was able to explain to Hermana Escobar what her and her husband needed to do to be married, and he shared how in his life his love for his wife grew so much more as they were married by the law and sealed in the temple.  Wow, the spirit was so strong, and I could only bear my testimony of the joy to have an eternal family and that I am so grateful that my parents are married and sealed in the temple and also my brother and sisters and that we are one big eternal family!  At the end of the lesson, Hermana Escobar said she wanted to be baptized!  Wow, thank you so much for all your prayers for this family.  Our goal is to help them get married and baptized in Abril!!  

Hermana Diana wasn´t able to baptized this week and didn´t attend church, but we aren´t going to give up on her but try extra hard to teach her with members present so she can have encouragement and friends in the ward.  I know if we do this, in the Lord´s time we can baptize her.

Thank you so much for the wonderful advice of the egg and the potato!  Wow, that is so true. No matter the trial that comes we have so many reasons to be happy and to become like the happy, soft potato!  When those trials or discouraging thoughts try and enter my mind, I will just remember my wonderful family and the advice to let these trials help me grow.

I love you so much mom and dad and our whole family!  I know that this church is true and Jesus Christ lives and that through the gospel we can truly have happiness during the hard and joyful movements in this life and that if we are faithful we can have this joy for eternity!

Love your son,

Elder Matheson!

Our amazing Fortaleza Zone with Elder and Sister Montoya and Presidente and Sister Rodríguez during a recent mission conference.

I accidentally spilled some chocolate milk on my shirt, but it sure made for a good picture.

More Bolivian Rain :)

 

 

 



  



No comments:

Post a Comment