Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day - FELIZ DIA DE MADRE!

Dear Mom and Dad and my wonderful family and friends!  

It was such a blessing to be able to talk to and hear you all.  Wow, that was the best rejuvenation. Mom,  Grandma Matheson, and Grandma Polly and all the amazing mothers,  HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY O FELIZ DIA DE MADRE.

Truly motherly love is one of the closest things to the eternal love of our Heavenly Father.  As I told you yesterday, I always thought cross country and my senior year of high school was the hardest thing I have ever done, but wow, truthfully, serving a mission is the hardest thing I have ever done, but as you explained dad, we are in rocket ship mode and my testimony of families and the principles of the gospel has grown so much.  One of the biggest tactics that satan uses here to destroy families is the law of chastity and not having parents married because it is so much easier for satan to break families and tempt them with sexual sin who are not married and then sealed in the temple.

This Thursday, we had the baptism of Hermana Etelvina Escobar, and right before the baptism she and her husband were legally married and completed their last requirement for Hermana Escobar to be baptized, which was keeping the law of chastity.  The words, ´´I now pronounce you Marco Escobar and you Etelvina legally married under the laws of Bolivia´´ filled my heart with joy!!  
The ring ceremony
Elder Barazoto and Elder Matheson...Wow, the work of 6 months paid off!
The wedding certificate
Right before the baptism with Hermana Escobar outside the baptismal font
Right after this, everyone who was present went straight to the baptismal font where it was such a blessing for me to be able to baptize Hermana Escobar.  Right after the baptism as we were walking up the steps, I asked her how she felt, and she said I feel so clean with an amazing smile.  Then her husband greeted her at the bottom of the stairs with Kayla, their daughter, in his hands.  They were so a happy, and I can’t wait to see this joy become eternal in one year when they can enter the temple.

Wow, I know Heavenly Father has a perfect plan of happiness for each of his children, and I am so grateful for my beloved mother and my grandmothers who have taught me this plan. 

Mom and dad and everyone, I love you so much, and I am so grateful for your love and support!

Love,

Elder Matheson

 


​Hermano Izzac left and Hermano Miguel right were the two witnesses


​A view of Bolivia yesterday with the rain!  It sure is beautiful and chilly.  I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment