Monday, May 1, 2017

Wednesday P-Day...To The Tránsito


April 26, 2017

Dear Mom and Dad!

This week went by so fast and is my very last week training Elder Barazoto!  He has become one of my best friends, and he is an amazing missionary!  Also, he knows Spanish so well, especially the grammar and it is so funny how whenever I have a question about a word or phrase he knows it.  Also, Elder Barazoto asks me a lot about the history of the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and I am always happy to answer his questions.  So in the end, we both are helping each other learn Spanish and the gospel.  Elder Barazoto’s youngest brother just got his mission call to Idaho.
Some of the missionaries in the Bolivia Santa Cruz Mission - Elder Barazoto and myself Included
  This week it was a little warmer, but today, wow, it has been raining off and on all day.  One adventure we had today was we had to wake up at 5:15 am so that we could go to tránsitos to get a more permanent visa so we can travel.  I think that means one of us this next transfer will be going outside of Santa Cruz maybe to Tarija or Camiri where there are a lot of mountains!  I am sure nervous and excited to see the Lord’s will.  We then went to the zoo, just like Mary and Jason in the rain, and saw some amazing birds, monkeys, and small tigers. To end the activity we then went to a food court.  Elder Barazoto and I both got some good Chinese food.  It wasn´t the same as Panda, but it was sure yummy!
  
Also, I this past Wednesday we had a powerful Zone conference with Presidente Rodríguez!  The thing that really helped me was that he taught about angels.  Angel comes from the word angelus which means messenger.  He told us that we are angels or messengers to bring the gospel to all the world.  This sure filled me with courage to talk more with everyone we saw and be bold in our testimony of the restauración.  In verdad, I know that we are all angels or messengers of the gospel as we live the gospel through our examples and also look to serve others and act as angels of the Lord to answer the prayers and needs of others.  I have a testimony that Presidente Rodríguez has been called of God because we feel his love and the Savior´s love so strongly every time we talk with him, and his divine counsel is powerful.

Familia Escobar has almost all their papers to get married - they just need an original copy of their birth certificate and then they can be married.  Also, Hermano Escobar has been sick these past two weeks and couldn´t work that much, but I know your prayers are helping him and that he will continue to get better and that according to the Lord´s will they are going to be baptized!

I love this gospel so much!

I love you so much mom and dad and I will send pictures next week, my computer won´t let me up load them but I know my Savior lives and I know the book of Mormon is the word of God and Joseph Smith was a prophet!

I hope you have the best week!

Love your son,

Elder Matheson!

No comments:

Post a Comment