Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Area Changes

May 29, 2017

Dear Mom and Dad and my wonderful family and friends,

The dinner picture was yesterday dinner with family Rojo and the pictures of the bakery was this morning with Hermano Andreas.  He is the 2nd counselor in our ward, and his job is to make different types of bread such as empanadas, tortillas with sugar and cheese,  and pan con ariena, which is my favorite.  It is this really moist bread that has a sugar flour mixture on top.  I got the recipe and will try and send it to you mom and dad.  You would have loved it this morning. 

Familia Rojo
Working At The Bakery
 
 
 
 

Wow, this week was full of adventures.

One big change is that our area is being closed and the Hermanas in our ward are now going to have both our area and theirs.  The reason is that there are less missionaries in the mission to maintain all the areas and my compañion just like cousin Brandon is going to finish his mission this Thursday so Wednesday I will receive a new compañion and a new area.  

I sure am grateful for this time in this area.  The members and people are so amazing and our house and oven are pretty great too.  This week I tried Aunt Peggy’s cookies!  They turned out great and familia Rojo and familia Justiana both liked them as well as my compañion.  But I learned not to cook the cookies for 15 minutes or else they might appear to be done but on the inside will be very crunchy.  But with chocolate milk they are still good.  Thank you for the cookbook mom.  It was one of the best gifts, and I love sharing it will others.

Also,  yesterday,  I called Elder Barazoto and learned that this past Saturday, Manfred Mendosa (Manfred Mendoza [Fortaleza] Armando Gonzales de la Jaille [Piraí] -found in the weekly letter from the assistants of those baptized) was baptized and that he got to perform the ordinance.  Wow, Elder Barazoto is such an amazing elder and friend.  Also, in our ward, the Hermana’s investigator, Hermando, was baptized by my compañion.  The service was wonderful, and I even got to borrow a member’s violin and play Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.  I didn’t have music at first but Heavenly Father helped me remember the tune and jot it down on some lined paper really fast so that I could play for the baptism. It is so amazing as a missionary a lot of times you don’t know what to do or how to solve a problem, but if you just think and pray, the answer always quietly comes to your mind.  I know the Lord answers and hears our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment