Monday, June 12, 2017

Bautismo! Rain!

Hola Family and Friends!

This week I found a seamstress in our ward who will let out all my pants, and my companion and I are going to start running and doing taekwondo in the morning.  He took fighting lessons before his mission!​
  
Making Aunt Peggy's Chocolate Chip Cookies Minus The Chocolate Chips
Our p-day activity was making tacos from Guatemala and Aunt Peggy’s cookies.  I didn’t have chocolate chips so I used oreos, but I also learned the 350 degrees in fahrenheit is not the same in celsius.  I think the next time the cookies will be perfect!

Elder Mazariegos making tacos
  
Michael’s bautismo...  He is 13 years old and was the investigador of Elder Lay and my companion.  We had this baptism early Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. so that his mom could attend.  This week our goal is to help Michael’s mom accept the gospel and continue coming to church!
Michael's Bautismo
Also Saturday was amazing.  First off, our pension who are now recent converts were married in the morning. Then we did some service with some machetes and garden tools to cut their grass for their wedding fiesta after their baptism.  The baptism was at 5:30 p.m., and it was such a blessing to be able to play the violin.  We did an arrangement of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing to the lyrics of O Mi Padre.  It really brought the Spirit and President Rodriguez and Sister Rodrigues attended.  It was so amazing to see their joy as the family was baptized, and I know that they love this missionary work.  They also told me that I was a very good violinist!  
The Wedding Fiesta


Cutting grass!  It sure is fun!  Grandpa we would have loved your two wheeled lawn mower!!

 
Also, after the baptism the Bishop’s wife told us the number was great and asked us where we got the violin.  I told her from our other ward, and she told me that if I need to borrow the three violins her kids have just to talk to her!  Wow, what a blessing.  Mom, me and my companion want to do a special musical number for our next baptism and sacrament meeting.  Do you think you could send me some violin music with guitar tabs or notes for my companion for Come Thou Fount,  If You Could Hie To Kolob or Come Come Ye Saints?

Rain Rain Rain.  This was right outside our house. Our house has a slant, and it leads to this intersection where all this water piles up.  It sure was an adventure and this day it felt like November in Utah.  Brrrrr.  I sure loved it.

  
 
 

Overall this week has been full of miracles.  One of the miracles is my companion. He is such an amazing example and friend to me and is helping me so much with my Spanish, and I get to help him improve his English.  I know Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior and that Heavenly Father is always aware of our circumstances and will help us overcome our trials and will bless us if we keep his commandments!

Sending love and prayers your way,

Love,

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment