Wednesday, August 23, 2017

¡Gracias!

Dear Mom and Dad and my wonderful family and friends,  

Thank you so so much for the birthday song.  It sounded great and made my day.  Is that the house of Uncle Keith? Wow, it sure looks great!  And I love his face in the newspaper article and his singing with the bells. Thank you, thank you so much! I am so grateful for the best birthday gift, which is my wonderful, loving family.  

Today, we were eating in the house of Familia Flores, and they told me how a solar eclipse took place in my country, and I proudly told them that is where my uncle lives!

Thank you so much for submitting Genisis and Yulliana´s names in the temple. This Friday, my companion had our district have a special fast for our three families that we are preparing to be baptized.  I have a firm testimony about fasting and it was incredible to see the miracles.

One of these miracles was that this last Monday Hna. Genisis left the hospital in just 10 days.  As we talked with them, they had shown their faith by praying, and in the hospital, Hermana Cholima read the Book of Mormon to Hna. Genisis and told us that she felt peace every time she read. I know that because they had faith and for all your prayers and putting their names in the temple she was healed completely from the very bad 2nd and 3rd degree burns in only 10 days.  I also know that in our day, God has given us His holy priesthood authority to bring his loving blessings to his children.

This week, I went on an exchange with our zone leader, Elder MacMullin, from Colorado, and we taught the Cholima family about goals and plans.  This week we are working with them to receive all their papers so that they can get married and baptized.  Their goal and baptism date is the 2nd of September.  Thank you for loving and praying for this family, and please continue to do so because they are so close to being baptized.  It is also so incredible to see how as we teach, the spirit is more present in their countenance, and Hermano Cholima is remembering all the things that he was taught 25 years ago when he first was baptized!

Also, this week weren’t able to get a hold of and teach Yulliana but keep praying for her.  Her baptism date is the 2nd of September!

​This past week it has been raining off and on!  It sure is beautiful.
 
Here there are so many different types of fruit.  These baby sized bananas are called guineos.  They are so delicious and some even are red!
 


Chopping down more trees.  This is such a fun way to give service.  This branch was huge and we took turns chopping it with an ax, then machete, and then with the help of three cords and heavenly wind, it finally fell.  Not on the house just on a big thing of bricks!
 
Also, the owner of our house has been having it get re-painted so we all slept in this tiny room.  My companion and I moved our mattresses to the floor and it felt like a family reunion!!
 

 
Also, Elder Flores wants me to tell you hello!

My dear family, I love you so much, and I know that this church is true, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  Everyday, it is like drinking an energy drink but a spiritual energy drink that is healthy.  As we do so, we have the spirit and his guidance.  Truly it is a testament of Jesus Christ, and as we follow the counsel of our Prophet to read this book daily, we receive many promised blessings.  I sure would like to invite all of you to read the Book of Mormon everyday for 10 minutes, but start your reading with a prayer, write down a question you need answered or the peace and comfort you need, and look for this council in the Book of Mormon.  And end your tiny study with a prayer. I testify that as I have done this, I have grown to really know my Savior and Heavenly Father who loves us each so much!
I hope you all have the best week!

Love your son, brother, and friend,

Elder Matheson!

Bolivian Bananas
The tree we chopped down

No comments:

Post a Comment