Thursday, August 31, 2017

Egg On My Head!

Dear Mom, Dad, Family and Friends!

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes.  I am so grateful for my family.

My companions sure like the video of the solar eclipse. It looked beautiful.

This week, I think I had one of my best birthdays.  To start off the morning, I was taking out the trash when all of a sudden I felt something really weird crack on my head. It turns out in Peru and Bolivia the tradition is to smash an egg or in Peru to throw eggs at the person who has a birthday.  Elder Torres was the first to expose me to this tradition.
Egg on my head
Also, we had our district meeting and the Zone leaders bought a chocolate cake for me to share with the zone. I will have to send you the video the next week, but another tradition in Bolivia is that you have to try and take a small bite of your cake before someone smashes your face in the cake.  I wasn't quite quick enough and Elder MacMullin got me.  You will see it in the video in the next week.
Our District
Other blessings this day was to eat a lot of ice cream and have a good day with my companion and was a sign that the Lord truly loves and knows me.
Birthday biscuits and gravy for breakfast
As for this week, we had an adventure where we found a family, familia Surrudo, that speaks Ketchua (also spelled Quechua), and we taught them with family Artiaga.  They speak Ketchua, and at one moment in the lesson, Hermana Surrudo explained an extraordinary vision she had. Hno. Aritaga explained the vision to my companion and he explained it to me in English.  What an adventure.  Also, it was a blessing to explain about the restoration and the priesthood.  We were able to give her a blessing for her eye and body that she would live to see the blessings of the gospel.  I have faith that this family is prepared for the gospel.

Also, Georgia and Genesis are progressing, and this Saturday we are going to baptize them.  Please pray for them and this family and that we can teach Hermana Yuliana more and that her parents can have softened hearts to let her be baptized.  I love you all so much!

Love your son,

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment