Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Three Big Adventures


Dear Mom and Dad and my wonderful Family and Friends!

This week went by fast, wow!

We had 3 big adventures. The first one is that there is this really rich part in our area called Los Palmitas, and to soften their hearts, my companion and I have been contacting them by singing hymns.  My companion sings so, so good, and it so fun to have a mini performance at each door, harmonize together and bring the spirit to these people. I am so grateful for my family and music instructors and friends for teaching me how to sing and love music. Also, we are inviting them to our English classes that we are going to do Wednesday.  Please pray that those go well.

Alright the adventure with Satan the dog.. So a trick here to know if a dog is dangerous is if they bite your pencil or stick they bite, but if they just sniff it they are friendly.  Well our next door neighbor’s dog is pretty angry, and my companion stuck a bottle through the gate to see if he bites.  Yep, he totally ate the bottle.  Well, the next day as we were returning from lunch the neighbor’s dog somehow had gotten out and was walking right outside of our door.  As we tried to approach the house to get in, we told him to go away.  He started growling and boom he started chasing us. My companion, being a track star, ran super fast across the street so the dog started coming for me, and that’s when he got me...almost, but some guardian angels and my scriptures held him off until I could retreat across the street.  When the other elders came they had the same problem and ran over to us.  Satan the dog was winning this war.  After a couple of minutes, he gradually started walking farther aways so we quickly ran to the door to open it, but as we were trying, we broke our key off in the door.  Wow it was an adventure alright, but thankfully we opened the door by reaching way underneath and unlatching the garage door so it could open.  I did this while Elder Torres guarded me with a big rod.  We finally made it into our house.  I know your prayers are protecting us because we are alive and healthy.  Thank thank you for the prayers. They helped us a lot this day.

And for the other miracle, Paula, her husband, and their four kids are attending church and are loving it.  Please keep praying for them!!

I know God lives, the Book of Mormon is true, we are guided by a prophet of the Lord, and the mission is so full of fun adventures!!

Love,

Elder Matheson




No comments:

Post a Comment