Thursday, September 14, 2017

What Wonderful News!

Dear Mom, Dad and my wonderful family and friends,

How are you? Emma...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Wow, I sure like the name Emma!)

I have been dying this week to find out about baby Emma. My new companion, Elder Hansen, asked hey are you ready to find out if you are an uncle and wahoo! The answer is yes!!!

Emma looks so cute, and I am so glad she is officially part of the family.  As for the labor pains... oowee!  I think that is worse than the fiery dragon that all the missionaries get here in their first cambio!  But just like your engagement story with Jason how it was so crazy and amazing, it is just the same with baby Emma so crazy (without an epidural or that crazy medication) but so wonderful! I am so grateful that you and baby Bosen are all good Mary.  I love you both so much and can't wait to see Emma at Christmas!  Please give baby Emma a big, gentle hug from uncle Matthew!

This week was amazing, challenging, and really fast.
​Our old district Saying good by to Elder Mazariegoz
​Mi compaƱero  Elder Hansen!
My new companion is Elder Hansen and he is from Star Valley, Wyoming. He is the youngest in his family, loves sports, and sings like David Archuleta.  He was in the musical Mary Poppins as the male lead and in the Scarlet Pimpernel. In few words, he is so humble, amazing, and is a great companion.
​SO Elder Barazoto is going to train, and I am a grandpa in the missionary world.  His companion ,Elder Beezer, is from Syracuse, Utah
Adventures we had this week was we played/sang in church O Mi Padre or O my Father to the tune of Come Thou Fount and it was beautiful.  I also got to play the violin for the song.  Also, my companion and I contact people by singing to them.  It brings the spirit so much!!

This first week was really humbling and hard.  Sometimes with the responsibility of being a good example for your new companion and helping the district, I got a little stressed out this week.  In our District there are 6 Elders.  Elder Johnston, Elder Wittier, Elder Torres, Elder Jeorganson, Elder Hansen, and me.  It is really crazy - our whole district is North Americans with the exception of Elder Torres.  Also, Elder Wittier, Elder Jeorganson, and Elder Hansen are all being trained so our district is really new.  Elder Johnston was the old district leader but they combined our two districts together.  Sometimes I feel really inadequate and sometimes I feel a little inadequate or weird replacing Elder Johnston.  He is a natural leader and my Zone leader encouraged me to get to know him and give him assignments to help me out.  It sure is good to learn how to stretch and grow from new opportunities.   

One sad news is Familia Cholima are moving to the other side of the city.  We are sending their names to their new ward.  Please pray for them that the missionaries can find them and that they can adapt to the new ward.  I love them so much.
Sorry this email was short, but I know God lives and it is so important for each of us to experience the atonement in our lives and be reborn just like Alma the younger in (Mosiah 27:24-26) Just like Alma, the atonement is infinite and can reclaim, heal, and bless every child of God, even one who was so wicked and far from returning to his Heavenly Home.

I love you all!

Elder Matheson​
My apartment companions eating with our pensionista familia




No comments:

Post a Comment