Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Transfers and Assignments!

Dear mom and dad and my wonderful family and friends!

Grandma your yard looks beautiful, and wow, when I showed Elder Torres the photo of the lawn and all the chairs for the reunion, he said (que quiqo) or wow your family is really rich!

Also, it crazy that you had the fair.  Here it is just starting spring/summer so you know what that means, lots and lots of calor, sweating a lot, and mangoes! The mangoes are the good part.

This week was so crazyyy!!!!!  

First off, in our Ward we had 3 baptisms.  Elder Flores and Elder Torres baptized Hermana Roxana. She is the wife of our young men's president.  She was so happy to be baptized, and we were so happy to see her make that decision.  She has been investigating the church for about 9 months!
Hermana Roxana and Her husband, William Chaves.  He helps us so much in the work, Also, Elder Marieda de Equador, came back to the area to baptize Hna. Roxana!  Please keep praying for these two families and that we can complete them.  Hna. Roxana has a daugther (Belen) and Hna Candelaria wants to be baptized after they are married!  Thank you!​
Jorge and Genesis and their amazing family (Hno. Ruben, Mama, Candelaria, y Hermana Jesmine (4 anos) Cholima
Also, Jorge and Genesis were baptized.  My companion baptized Genesis, and I baptized Hno. Jorge.  
 
​The baptism pictures of everyone who attended.  I sure love our ward!
For the baptismal, we played an arrangement of ´´When I Am Baptized´´ from the primary hymn book, and I played the violin and the other elders sang.  (About the violin:  A really generous missionary, who plays viola, bought a violin for the mission, and so I have been using and practicing with it. What a blessing.  It is not a million dollar violin but surprisingly it has a beautiful, bright tone.)
Our Converts...Wahoo!
Sunday,  my companion confirmed Genesis, and I confirmed Jorge.  Our new goal is to help their dad gets his documents so he can get married so his wife can be baptized.  Please remember them in your prayers.

Also, as for the transfers, we received the phone call in the night from our Zone leaders, and Elder Flores will be going to Roca y Colonado. which is the ward right next to ours.  His area will be side by side with his old
area.  The whole ward was teasing him about how he is going so far. Elder Flores is such a good example and is one of the kindest Elders I have know in the mission. As for my companion, Elder Mazariegos, he will be serving in Bermejo.  It is a publito bordering Argentina.  He is really excited and thinks that is where he will end his mission.  He only has about 6 months left.  As for Elder Torres, he will be training a new Elder, and so will I !!!

The both of us are so excited and are together until Wednesday when we will receive our new companions. From what I have heard, in this new group of missionaries there are lots from Utah!

Also, Elder Ramirez informed me that I will be serving as the new district leader.  Wow, I sure am nervous and excited.  I have learned so much from my companion and I just can’t wait to have the opportunity to serve the great elders in our district and my new companion.

Anyway, this is the big news for this week.

Also, we are teaching a Joven whose name is Jose Mario.  He has been attending and has a baptismal date for the 16th of this month.  He still hasn’t received his answer if he should be baptized but if you could continue to pray for him.

Hermana Rodrigues is putting together  a choir.  I am singing bass - alright!
 

Thank you so much for all your prayers and work in the temple. It has brought us so many blessings. I know this is the Savior’s work and that He loves us so so much.

Love,
Elder Matheson

1 comment: