Monday, August 20, 2018

Blessings!

Dear Mom and Dad, Family and Friends!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. They sure mean a lot to me! I know I would not be where I am if it wasn't for you and dad! Hna. Helen sometimes says that she really wants to meet you both because, ´´sus padres tiene que ser muy noble tambien´´ or your parents must be very noble or other honorable/good people, and I just smile and tell her that they are the best!

So one thing that really surprised me is that Hna. Rodriguez told me about a special conference with a 70 the 10th of September, and she asked if I could play the violin for the conference with 4 other missionaries. I told her of course! I am sure excited.

Familia Rivera let us borrow their violin, and I have been teaching my companion. My companion loves the violin, and I have been teaching him at night. He is so dedicated at practicing. Mom can you send me some of the first basic songs that are in the Suzuki book 1 or 2 like Lightly Row and Twinkle Little Star to help him learn more?

This week we have seen miracles.

Tuesday I got sick, I didn't throw up, but it was a tiny flu and cold, but now I am a lot better. The good thing about being sick is that you really appreciate being healthy!

Thursday, we had our Consejo de Lideres. Presidente taught us about the atonement of Jesus Christ. During his capacitacion (training) the room was full of the spirit and revelation.

President taught how satan argued that God's plan would have too many casualties and he argued the Jesus wouldn't be good enough to make a perfect atonement and that we would all be lost. So he proposed his plan. Not one soul of God's children would be lost if God gave satan his glory. Glory meaning power. With this power, satan could take away our agency and force us to do the right and govern us.

But thanks to our Heavenly Father and the example of Jesus Christ, we valiantly fought for the opportunity to come to this earth because we had faith in Christ. Christ came to the earth and atoned for our sins, and now again we must choose to have faith in Christ, that he really redeemed us from our sins! As we live the gospel, we will once again be able to return to our Heavenly Father.

This is just part of what I learned, but it was amazing. I know that our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ live and love us!

Humberto and Sandy are doing so well. They went to church again. They really had many doubt about the doctrine of plural marriage but the Lord help us and we were able to explain the doctrine and testify how the Lord call prophets to guide us and will never permit his prophets to lead us astray. Humberto y Sandy want to be baptized but not until after they read all of the Book of Mormon. Please pray for them that they can read the Book of Mormon and have the faith to be baptized.

AnaĆ­, Wilsen, Marianela, and Familia Espejo are progressing too! Marianela doesn´t have nurse training this Sunday so she said she would go to church! Please pray for them too!

Also, we found Rosario and her family. Her son just broke his shoulder and she has to pay for the operation. We talked to bishop, and yesterday the relief society ministered to her and brought her family food and they are going to do a fundraiser for her. She is a really amazing mother, and we are going to help her this week!

My companion and I. Today it is reallllllyyy coooolld.


29 Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked—

30 And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out.

Helaman 3:29-30 The power of daily scripture study

Love,

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment