Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Transfers!!

Dear Mom and Dad and Family and Friends!

That is so awesome that you could meet up with my Bishop from Bolivia! He reminds me a lot of Bishop McCormick. He is a really good man.

Good job on the chocolate beet cake. That is really an ingenious idea. I forgot to mention that they eat a lot of boiled, salted beets here, and I have grown to like them.

This week I have shown our family photo we took before I left on my mission to a lot of members and investigadors. Here are some of their first comments:

1.) ´´Wow todos son chockitos!! (Wow, they all have brown hair.)

2.) ´´Ella es su mama, cuantos años tiene. No enserio tiene 52 ella parece mucho mas joven (Is this your mom? How old is she? She is in her 50s? I can't believe it; she looks a lot younger.)

3.) Usted parace mucho como su papa (You look a lot like your dad.)

Please tell Grandma and Grandpa Bourgeous and Grandma Matheson hello for me!

This week has been full of adventures.

On Thursday we had a zone conference with Zona Central (our zone), Zona La Pampa, and Zona La Merced. Presidente taught us about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how it is so important that we study the Book of Mormon daily in our lives. That is the key to conversion because if members, converts, and investigadores learn to daily study the Book of Mormon, by diligent study of the scriptures, they receive the holy spirit and they will stay converted. Because some day the missionaries will leave, or they will move to a different ward and not have friends, or they will face trials, but as they daily study the scriptures they will receive the spirit and remain converted.

As zone leaders we had 30 minutes to capacitate our zone.

Saturday Yovanna was Baptized!!



Saturday morning it rained and rained and rained. All the streets were flooded and it was cooollld. Nonetheless, Yovanna and her family showed up and the members we had invited, and she was baptized. My companion baptized her, and Sunday I confirmed her!



Also, Sunday family Gallardo came to church! This is the third time they have come!

As for the transfers, My new companion is Elder Abendaño. He is 20 years old and is from Quito, Ecuador. I get to train him to be a zone leader! Also, Elder Huanacune is staying with us in trio until Saturday, and then he will go with a member to visit converts and will go home next Tuesday. So this week is going to be very interesting. I have never been in a trio before.

Highlight from my Personal Study this morning:

14Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, judge righteously, and do good continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward ; yea, ye shall have mercy restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall...

15For that which ye do send out shall return unto you again, and be restored; therefore, the word restoration more fully condemneth the sinner, and justifieth him not at all.

Alma 41:14-15

I learned that it is important that we are kind, that we forgive, that we serve and that we love others, for what we say and do in this life is who we will become in the resurrection.

Love,

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment