Friday, August 31, 2018

Week Full Of Blessings

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you for all the birthday wishes and the money. It sure made me feel special. I am saving a lot of the money to buy souvenirs these last weeks, but I bought myself 2 new ties! Thanks for the music for my companion.

That is so great to hear the Avery is going on his mission. He is going to be great!

This week, my companion and I worked hard, and the Lord blessed us! Also, it was one of the best birthday weeks ever! The ward sure feed us well, and we ate some much!!

Friday morning I made pancakes for my companion and me.

For lunch Familia Rivera invited us over for Majadito and chocolate cake!!! It was so delicious. Hno. Rivero led his family singing and played the guitar!

He also sang us some fun ranchero songs. Hno. Rivera´s song made me laugh because it’s a man singing about how he wants a compañera (girl companion) I thought wow, that is so right. I hope my next companion is a compañera. No quiero mas compañeros. Haha!!!

Friday night we had an appointment to teach Familia Paco. We are teaching their daughter’s friends. After the lesson they surprised me with another chocolate cake! And it was really chocolate. It is like the 17 dollar cake from Costco. It was so good!

The cake!!!

Sunday Bishop invited us over for lunch. His family are such good people and truly live the gospel and are happy!



Marianela came to church all three hours this week. We have been visiting her with Familia Paco, and she really has been progressing and you can see the difference in her life. On Saturday, the spirit was very strong as we testified of the blessings that come from being baptized and receiving the holy spirit. We promised her that if she took this step of faith she will receive the peace and happiness she is looking for!

Familia Gallardo came to church again. We explained how to fast and this fast Sunday we are going to fast with them so they can receive an answer from God if they should be baptized!

I know this church is of Christ and that as we daily read the Book of Mormon we receive protection and strength from God. If you are having a rough day or if you need comfort or strength or guidance read the Book of Mormon and pray and you will see the difference!

Love,

Elder Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment