Tuesday, April 4, 2017

General Conference and 6 Months In The Mission Field!


Dear Mom and Dad and my most chalinga, maravillosa, wonderful familia and friends. 

Wow, that is so awesome to see you standing in the conference center and to hear about your date and anniversary celebration. The hotel sure sounds like it was nice and the perfect place because it is so close to the conference center! I sure hope Mary and Jason got to eat their missionary serving size of pizza. :)  Happy Birthday to my sister Sarah!  Thank you for being one of my heroes in my life.

Watching conference together with English speaking missionaries
General Conference was so amazing and we were able to see it in English!  In the stake center, the secretary of the stake was so kind to set up a TV for all the English speaking missionaries in the stake.  We watched in the high council room and used the big table to help us take notes. 

Right after the first session Saturday I was so happy to go with Elder Barazoto to Hot Burger and keep the Arctic Circle tradition going of getting a big hamburger and fries to eat between the sessions.  It sure was yummy.
The burger tradition of conference          




President Thomas S. Monson
To see conference just made me so happy and grateful for my wonderful family, and it reminded me of 6 months ago when we saw the prophet.  To this day, I am so grateful for that experience mom and dad and the picture you sent with me because I have been able to show our investigadores a picture of our family in the conference center and testify to them that I know that Presidente Thomas S.Monson is a prophet of God and that Jesus Christ lives and guides His church through President Monson and his 12 Apostles.

Elder Mark A Bragg
I sure loved the message of Mark A. Bragg of the Seventy and his message of how in the darkening world, the light of Christ will shine brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

How blessed we are to have the restored gospel in our lives and to have the blessing of an eternal family.  In my mind I can just picture our Savior smiling as every day his church is growing and more and more of our brothers and sisters are joining the church by being baptized and are being sealed to their eternal family and how this gospel light just keeps spreading and spreading.  And Satan is so frustrated just like the green monster guy in Sesame Street who hides in his trash can and is miserable and that he is trying harder as ever before to make us sad or miserable because there is so much more good that is spreading to more and more of God’s children everyday until that perfect day will come when Jesus Christ comes again and He reigns and we follow him with our eternal family!  Wow the plan of Heavenly Father is Perfect! 

I know that Heavenly Father loves us and I love you so much and am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with such an amazing family and that we are sealed together forever.  

Thank you for your love and support, and if you would keep praying for Familia Escobar and Familia Suares that we can help them get married this week that would be great!

Love your son,

Elder Matheson

P.S. I lost my voice this week wow that was an adventure but a blessing because it gave Elder Barazoto a chance to lead and teach almost all of the lessons and he did a great job!
Elder Lozano, from Texas, is my Zone Leader.  He is such an amazing missionary and one of my greatest friends in the mission.            


Playing soccer with the Elders in our Zone on P-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment