Friday, April 21, 2017

The Sand Dunes and Miracles

April 17, 2017

Dear Mom and Dad and my amazing family and friends!

Thank you so much for the pictures!  I hope Grandma and Grandpa had the best wedding anniversary.  I love them so much too! Wow, Dad that Mexican restaurant look like it similar to Brody´s!  Thank you for the letters and for the letters from the cousins! It was so good to hear from the Bourgeous clan!

This week flew by so fast! Last Monday for our P-day activity we went to the Lomas de Arena this really big sand dune that is about 3 miles away from Plan 4000 where familia Escobar lives, which is one of the farthest away parts of our area with a lot of dirt roads!  
During the activity, we had all 6 of the sisters in the front and middle with the driver, and all 10 of the Elders were all in the very back of this van.  It was a little tight, but it was very fun.  One of my favorite parts of this adventure was when we had to cross this little river.  We all got out of the car to see if the van could cross it and it did.  But we then made the mistake of asking the van to reverse and come back over to pick us up.  It got stuck!  

Taking off our shoes, all ten of us Elders started to dig underneath the sand to put rocks and sticks so the van could get traction. We lifted the back of the car and really fast put the rocks and sticks under the wheels.  The driver then floored it and we pushed and pushed and the van went free!  What a blessing!  We then were able to make it to the sand dunes and run and jump around in this sand!  
 
 
 On a gospel note, this last weeks I learned an important lesson about not second guessing the spirit and reversing back into the sand.  

Two P days back, Elder Barazoto and I were traveling in a micro.  We got up to leave, and I felt that I should go back to my seat.  The micro was about to start going and so I ignored the thought and kept on going.  When we got back to the house I tried to call some of our investigadores to confirm our appointments with them, and I realized that I didn’t have the cell phone.  After looking for our phone and calling it will the phone of familia Bautizta we learned that we had lost our phone.  I had been trying to follow the spirit but when his voice came to me I shrugged it off and in a sense I followed my logic and reversed my van back into the sand.  These past two weeks we haven’t had a cell phone, and sometimes it has been a lot harder to coordinate lessons and do the daily activities.  From this experiences and others this week,   have learned the importance of being a first responder and follow the direction of the spirit and not relying on what I think and reversing back into the sand. I know the Lord lives and he loves us so much and forgives us of our faults and lifts us up and helps us get traction to overcome our sins and keep moving forward.  I love my Savior so much!

Also,  this week Familia Escobar accepted a marriage date and baptism date of the 13 of May.  Michael and Delaney your wedding day!   They are so excited to get married but satan doesn’t want this. This past week hermano Escobar was really sick and couldn’t work and start the papers for their marriage, but I know that through prayer and our Savior Jesus Christ we can always overcome satan.  Thank you mom and dad and the whole family for your prayers.  If you would keep familia Escobar in your prayers this week that they can get their marriage papers done I would be so grateful.  

I love you so much mom and dad and my family!!! And I am so a happy to hear that you are doing so much family history work.  In our ward we just got two computers for the youth so they can do family history work. I hope you have the best week!

Love your Son,

Elder Matheson! ​
Lomas de Arena Sand Dunes

    



No comments:

Post a Comment